Mexican Sunset

Mexican Sunset

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Off to the Kremlin

Today Mark and I are off to the Kremlin. We are going to see the Armoury which is filled with stuff like jewels from the tsars and weapons and armour. It should be quite interesting - there are nine rooms in all.

Yesterday we went on a wild goose chase all around the city looking for an internet cafe with WiFi. Thinking they would be on every block - this is Moscow after all - we passed one in search of one closer to the center of town. The search was interesting, but not fruitful. Apparently MacDonalds has WiFi, if you can stand sitting in MDs for any length of time (which I don't think I can). Also, The Ritz Carlton has WiFi. It is a lovely place to sit, for a price of course. It is 500 rubles for 1 hour or 1000 for 24 hours! That is on the order of $15/hour or $30/24 hours. By the time we figured all this out I didn't have enough time to make it worth the trouble to either go back to the first place we saw or spend $30 for 24 hours! According to the younger family members, there is a cafe close to where we are staying that I may check out later. Hopefully then I can post more photos and work on getting some of the novel I wrote posted.

Mas tarde.

No comments: