Mexican Sunset

Mexican Sunset

Sunday, April 06, 2008

Slump

Well, it has been one of those weeks. I am happy to be starting a new week with the possibility of feeling a bit better. Not exactly sure what was going on with me besides my period which is plenty I guess. Monday was okay. Tuesday I missed swimming because I didn't want to be away from Ruby all day and then all night. So, I just coached, but didn't swim and figured I would swim on Wednesday. But then I donated blood on Wednesday and that kicked my ass. I was really woozy afterward and there was no swimming in my future. On Thursday I wasn't feeling much better so I didn't go to the track after sitting on my ass all day in a training (to be a supervisor). On Friday I went again to the training. Sat all day on my ass and went out to a really nice dinner with my friend Suzanne. I went to bed at 10pm and slept 12 hours. In the morning I was supposed to go to Shadow Cliffs to mentor at the mock tri. At 6am when I woke up I had a sore throat and a raging headache. When I woke up again at 11am, the headache had gone from bad to worse. Blinding, debilitating. I was sick to my stomach and really couldn't do anything. Last night I forced myself to stay up and deal with my back room which literally looked like a bomb had gone off in it. I managed to get everything filed, checkbooks balanced, bills paid (including property taxes and fed taxes), and documentation for a new mortgage gathered. Whew. Thank God that is done. Today I slept late, watched a movie and then went over to Marianne & Jerry's to say "Aloha" to Shred and Joanie. It was a very sweet gathering. I love being over there. Ruby had a good time too. And although it was a little hard saying goodbye to Shred, I think I will see him again in Hawaii. I would love to go visit. So, I have his phone number and will make some plans. He is really an inspiration. He has stage 4 cancer, but looks great and is full of life.
I am feeling better today, but drank a little too much this afternoon. Also, yesterday I realized I hadn't taken my meds for a few days. That couldn't be helping my mood. Funny how that works.
I am making a commitment to myself to get a good 4 or 5 workouts in this coming week. And I am getting ready to go to Angels Camp next weekend to try out the course. Hopefully there will be someone available to show us around. Hopefully there will be some others from Team SJT to join us, but if not, I will be happy getting out there myself as well.

No comments: