Mexican Sunset

Mexican Sunset

Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Getting to Know Moscow Airport

Well, I only have a few minutes for this post. I am finally (after almost 12 hours in the airport) about to board a flight to Heathrow, London on British Airways. I was on United, leaving at 12:35pm. I got through all the hoops you have to go through to get out of here. Boarded the plane. We were all set and ready to go at least 1/2 an hour before take-off. Actually had two seats to myself. Then we sat and sat. Finally, after almost an hour, the captain came on the loudspeaker and told us they were fixing a fuel leak in the engine of the plane. We sat another hour. Then we taxied to the area where planes seem to go to die. Or be fixed, sometimes. We sat there for another hour. They finally started coming out with drinks and lunch bags. I looked out the window and could see the buses that were waiting to take us back to the terminal.
It is too long to go into now, but suffice to say that we waited and waited for about another 3 hours. I was admitted back into Russia (my visa expired today), and was supposedly re-ticketed to go on Luftansa to Frankfurt, which I wasn't looking forward to. Well that flight was leaving in 1/2 an hour and they decided they couldn't get me on it. Now I am on a flight to London. This is much better than spending the night here or spending the night in Frankfurt. But I would prefer to be home of course!
Gotta go. I will be back online in a few hours. With 12 hours to pass in the Heathrow airport!

No comments: