Mexican Sunset

Mexican Sunset

Tuesday, January 05, 2010

A New Odyssey Altogether

So, the big news for the last 13 weeks is that I am pregnant! I can't even really believe it myself.
Tonight has been rough with "morning" sickness. I call it all the fucking time sickness. It has actually gotten much better, but for some reason this evening I haven't been feeling so good. Usually these days it is the morning that is the worst. And brushing my teeth is agony. I can't even think about it without wanting to throw up. People have suggested that I change toothpaste... I have, three times! It doesn't make a bit of difference. It is the gag reflex that gets me. The prenatal vitamins are also pretty bad. I have to take them at night because in the morning I am sure to puke from them. Just opening the bottle makes me wretch.
There are some major benefits to being pregnant... for the first time since I can remember I am happy to eat almost anything without being too "diet" conscious. I don't want to gain a ton of weight, but I also am not about to starve myself. If I don't eat at fairly regular intervals I start feeling really crappy and light headed. So I feel justified in eating, but eating well. I have been trying not to eat too much junk. I am eating things from as "close to the ground" as possible. It is hard to eat salads in the dead of winter though. Cravings are real. I have cravings for very odd things like sushi. Well, maybe that isn't that odd. It's just that I am not allowed to eat sushi, so of course I want it. Recently I have been craving a burger and fries... about as far from the ground as you can get. I have not acted on it of course.
So, about 3 weeks ago Ken (baby daddy) and I went to the ultrasound. My first thought when I saw the fetus doing backflips was, "that is a freakin' boy for sure!" It has a screwdriver in its pocket just like his daddy!

No comments: